Friday, January 21, 2011

What Do Bowman Brown and AC/DC Guitarist Angus Young have in Common?





Other than the school boy rep tie and good hair, probably not much, except that for both, all good things must come to an end.

Yup. The City Club is gone.

And as I thought I heard Bowman say, that really sucks.

As reported by the Herald:

"Yet, those who remained members of the Miami City Club like attorney Bowman Brown were disappointed to hear of the planned closing.

``It's a shame,'' said Brown, chairman of the executive committee at Shutts & Bowen. ``It's so convenient, right across the street from my office. It has some of the best views in town.''

"And sometimes, Angus and I would hang there and then head to the Deuce Bar until the sun came up."

(I added that last part.)

Shutts is for life.

Anyhoo, another piece of Miami passes.




NB - I miss the Deuce Bar - I have not been in far too long.

1 comment:

  1. Those who remained members of the Miami City Club like attorney Bowman Brown were disappointed to hear of the planned closing.

    ReplyDelete